There are lots of things to do across the border just in and around Bordertown, located 30 minutes west of Kaniva, but here are a few that we personally recommend:
Bordertown Visitor Information Centre provides an extensive range of local information, alternatively visit the Tatiara website
- Why not visit the World Heritage listed Naracoorte caves. A variety of tours are available for all abilities including adventure caving
- Or spend a day at the coastal towns of Kingston and Robe
- Looking for history and wineries? Penola is a beautiful town featuring the Mary MacKillop Centre in the Coonawarra area
- Don't forget to wind your watch back by 30 minutes to allow for the time difference when you cross the border.
- You must not take any fresh fruit, vegetables or any plant material with soil into South Australia.