There are lots of things to do across the border just in and around Bordertown, located 30 minutes west of Kaniva, but here are a few that we personally recommend:
- Take a walk around the 4.5 hectare Wildlife park featuring White kangaroos.
- Experience farm life as it was more than a century ago at Clayton Farm.
- Visit the Tatiara Civic Centre which features galleries, library and a theatre. Bordertown is the birth place of former Prime Minister Bob Hawke and the Centre features the Bob Hawke Gallery and is very informative.
- Poocher Swamp is a favourite spot for picnicking, boating, fishing, yabbying and canoeing.
- Just a few minutes out of Bordertown is the Mundulla which features an adventure playground and the Old Mundulla Hotel built 1884
- Teatrick Lavender Estate is 17km south of Bordertown and open from October through to the end of March.
- Visit Glenda Rowlet's Gallery, 8km west of Bordertown or check out home made preserves at Humble House in Mundulla, both are open by appointment
- Check out local events in the Tatiara
- Why not visit the World Heritage listed Naracoorte caves. A variety of tours are available for all abilities including adventure caving
- Or spend a day at the coastal towns of Kingston and Robe
- Looking for history and wineries? Penola is a beautiful town featuring the Mary MacKillop Centre in the Coonawarra area
- Don't forget to wind your watch back by 30 minutes to allow for the time difference when you cross the border.
- You must not take any fresh fruit, vegetables or any plant material with soil into South Australia.