There are many lakes in the area popular with locals:
- Lake Charlegrark is just 30 minutes drive, ideal for kayaking and popular for fishing and water skiing.
- Lake Hindmarsh when full is a must see, Victoria's largest inland lake.
- Nhill Swamp and Lake is complete with boardwalk, play area and a great spot for bird life.
- Pink Lake near Dimboola, can be viewed from the rest area on the Western Highway. The intensity of the pink varies with the amount of water in the lake. When the lake is drier more light is reflected from the white crystallised salt reducing the impact of the pink.
- The photographic Lake Tyrell is also worth a visit for people touring the Silo Trail or North East of Kaniva.
- Lake Wallace in Edenhope is known for great fishing from bank or boat and is stocked with Redfin and Trout.
- Serviceton Reservoir is a peaceful spot for fishing just 20 minutes drive East.