There's plenty to do in and around town, choose from history and galleries, nature and wildlife or simply enjoy dining at eateries.
- Silo Art - encompassing children's playground and war memorial
- Sheep Art Trail - A short walk (800mts) with each sheep telling a story and linking to a place or community group.
- Kaniva Wetlands & Fauna Park - Nature Play Space, aviary, walking trail, free BBQ, toilets etc.
- Kaniva Puppet Shop - puppets, puzzles etc. Ph 0412 681 929
- Heartfelt Café - vintage cafe, gallery, books etc. Ph 5392 2945
- Purple Starfish - local art & produce, Ph 5392 2865
- Worry's Shop - Ice-creamery, local art, chalk art workshops, 5314 9081
- Kaniva Historical Museum, (By apt) Ph 5392 2680
- Overland Museum, (By apt) Ph 0418 579 634
- Band Park - children's play & picnic area
- Scar Tree (Aboriginal dug out tree) South Kaniva Rd - short walk from Caravan Park
- Town Walks - Sheep Art, historical, flora & birds